- Wearing comfort
- Good sound combined with Apple technology
- High cost
Beats By Dr. Dre Powerbeats3 Wireless Earbuds: Features and Specifications as mentioned on Amazon
- In-Ear Stereo Headphones, Connect via Class 1 Bluetooth with your device for wireless workout freedom, Includes 4 sets of ear tips, case, and Micro USB charging cable
- Up to 12 hours of battery life to power through multiple workouts, With Fast Fuel, a 5-minute charge gives you 1 hour of playback when the battery is low, Sweat and water resistance to handle tough training
- Take calls, control your music and activate Siri with RemoteTalk, Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery, Simultaneously connect to your Apple Watch, iPad and Mac (requires iCloud account and macOS Sierra, iOS 10, or watchOS 3)
- Flexible, secure-fit ear hooks maximize comfort and stability, Dynamic, high-performance sound pushes you to the next level
Beats By Dr. Dre Powerbeats3 Wireless Earbuds: A Complete Review
Powerbeats3 is one of the first products with the Apple W1 chip, the use of which allows you to increase the battery life of the headphones and make device synchronization quick and easy. We will tell you how the headset sounds, what are the headphones for playing sports and in everyday life.
What is in the box?
Along with the headphones in the box are a rubber carrying case, 3 pairs of interchangeable nozzles of different sizes, a charging cable, instructions, and company stickers. Unfortunately, the third generation of headphones comes with a very simple case, while the second version comes with a better case with a zipper.
Compared to the previous generation of headphones, the appearance of Powerbeats3 has changed minimally. The arms have become monophonic, the shape of the case has changed a little, but this is where the differences from the second generation end. The editorial staff visited the black version of the headphones, it is quite simple in appearance. On sale, there are more interesting and vibrant solutions.
The headset is made entirely of plastic. Build quality is good, but the feeling of cheapness does not leave when you hold the headphones in your hands. This also applies to the control panel, which you want to handle as carefully as possible. The case is protected from moisture and sweat, but the micro USB connector is not covered with a plug, which is strange.
Ease of use
The manufacturer positions this model as a solution for sports, so the design includes arches for fastening behind the ear and a cable tie for fixing the wire to the back of the head.
The arms are made of rubber that is pleasant to the touch and is quite elastic. The headset is almost weightless and is not felt on the ears during the first hour of wearing, then the arms begin to be felt, but discomfort during training still does not arise. During the run, the headphone modules are well fixed on the ears and do not create inconvenience.
An interesting point was noticed during use: the sound quality was slightly different when connected to the iPhone and Android smartphones. The same situation was observed in the case of another device on the Apple W1 chip – Apple Airpods. When connected to the iPhone 6s, Powerbeats3 sounds rich, there are powerful bass and good detail in high frequencies, in general, everything you need during a workout. In conjunction with the iPhone, the headset sounds very cool, you do not expect this from either Beats by Dr. Dre, or from Bluetooth headsets of this format.
But when connected to Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x, which has a not so high-quality transmitter, the sound was noticeably simpler – less bass, less detail, and less fun while listening. In conjunction with the iPhone, the headset maintained a stable connection to the smartphone at a distance of up to 30 meters without direct visibility. And in the case of an inexpensive Android smartphone, you could periodically hear the noise in the sound even with your hand covering the case. Unfortunately, Powerbeats3 and low-cost smartphones are not the best combinations.
One of the benefits of using the Apple W1 processor is the ability to quickly connect to Apple devices. This works on a principle similar to NFC: turn on the headset, bring it to the iPhone and you see a connection offer on the screen. When connected to other smartphones, the process occurs as before – through the Bluetooth menu.
The headset is equipped with a control panel; a microphone is located on it. The functionality of the remote control is standard, it is possible to pause tracks, switch them, and also adjust the volume. The microphone is average in quality and manages its duties only in silence.
The manufacturer claims that in the mode of listening to music, the headset will work for 12 hours. With daily use of about 2 hours at a volume of 40%, our copy worked for 5 days, and on the sixth, the headset began to notify of a low battery and in this mode, it worked for about 40 minutes. Almost 11 hours is a very good result for compact headphones. In addition to the diode on the case, an icon on the display of your iOS or Android smartphone can signalize the state of charge.
Powerbeats 3 supports fast charging technology, thanks to which in 5 minutes you can get a sufficient charge level for two hours of music listening. However, in practice, it is advisable to use a charger with a current strength of 1.5-2A.
- Best Wireless Headphones for 2020
- 11 Best Sennheiser Headphones: Brilliant Pairs for Every Budget
- Tronsmart Onyx Ace – Wireless Earbuds like Airpods (for crazy $32 only)
- Harman Kardon FLY – a new line of headphones (for the first time in 6 years)
- TOP 7: How to spot the Difference between Original and Fake Earbuds?
- JBL Endurance Sprint Waterproof Wireless in-Ear Sport Headphones: A Complete Review $29.95
- Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open Headphones: A Complete Review $159.97
- Sony MDR-ZX750BN Wireless headphones: A Complete Review $197.94
- Skullcandy Indy True Wireless In-Ear Earbud: A Complete Review
- Bose QC35 II Wireless Headphones: A Complete Review $299.00